Daviess County Teachers Federal Credit Union Defends You Against the Effects of Identity Theft
What is identity theft?
Identity theft is defined as the process of using someone else’s personal information for personal gain. Identity theft can happen to anyone, and it can come in all shapes and sizes. According to the FTC, there are more than 30 types of identity theft affecting millions of Americans each year. Your credit card digits could be stolen and used to make online purchases; a thief could impersonate you to open a loan in your name; someone could commit a crime and pretend to be you when caught, or use your personal information to apply for a job.
Be warned if someone is using your good name.
Chances are 1 in 20 that you will become a victim of identity theft, according to statistics from the Federal Trade Commission*. But with a little help from Daviess County Teachers Federal Credit Union, you can reduce your risk of identity theft through early detection, prevention and resolution solutions.
Daviess County Teachers Federal Credit Union is pleased to provide you with access to a complete suite of identity theft detection and recovery services, including:
- Fully Managed Identity Theft Recovery Services — a professional and certified Fraud Specialist who will work on your behalf to restore your identity, no matter how long it takes!
- Continuous Credit Monitoring— including daily email alerts of suspicious activity — new credit, inquiries, late payments, and more — plus all-is-well monthly emails to let you know the service is still watching out for you.
- Credit Report and Score – provided once per year, in addition to the annual free reports provided by the credit bureaus.
- Internet and Social Networks Monitoring — includes indexed sites, black market websites, and chat rooms, plus Facebook and LinkedIn for your personal information that may be made public.
- Credential Vault — securely store up to 50 personal credentials (account numbers, credit/debit card numbers, etc.) for easy retrieval in case of an emergency.
- Expense Reimbursement Insurance** — up to $25,000 for expenses incurred for identity recovery, with zero deductible and including up to $6,250 per week in lost wages.
- Lost Document Replacement — professional assistance with replacement of important documents that are lost, stolen, or destroyed in a natural disaster.
- ID Theft Education and Awareness — including identity protection awareness test and newsletter.
- Toll-Free Identity Theft Victim Hotline — direct access to professionals if you suspect identity theft for any reason.
For details about these services and to enroll in the package that is best for you, click here:
* Identity Fraud Survey Report, Javelin Strategy and Research Center, 2013
**Identity theft insurance underwritten by subsidiaries or affiliates of Chartis Inc. The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions.